Sunday, March 26, 2006

That's A Lot Of Money

Yesterday on our way to the comic book store, we drove through Fairfax and passed the new Court House that's being constructed. There's a sign in front of the construction that states the project is costing 115 million dollars. Quinn and I had a little conversation about it:

Me: "It says the construction is
going to cost 115 million
dollars."
Quinn: "Wow, that's a lot of money."
Me: "It sure is."
Quinn: "I have a lot of money in my
piggy bank, the silver one."
Me: "Really? You think you have
a 115 million dollars?"
Quinn: "I don't know, it's pretty
heavy."

4 comments:

BullBunky said...

Like father, like son. I seem to remember that you kept a LOT of change in an oversized coke bottle.

JamesF said...

Yea, I did. First time I cashed that out I used it to help pay for Ginger's ring. And I had a fair amount built up again until it got stolen.

BullBunky said...

Your coke bottle with change in it got stolen? That's worse than dragging a bowling ball down the street.

JamesF said...

Yea, back at our old house we had the kitchen remodeled and at one point, the contractors were left at the house alone. After that I noticed the bottle was gone. I was the same as you, couldn't figure out how they could have gotten the whole thing out without someone seeing something. But when we moved, we found the bottle (empty of course) in back of our storage room. So they probably dumped all the change into a toolchest or something.

I remember being so pissed off at the whole thing. The guy in charge of the contractors swore up and down it wasn't his guys that did it. We called the cops in and everything, they gave me some story about how they would check banks / coin services around the area to see if anyone converted like a thousand dollars in change. I felt really good about my tax dollars until months went by and they did nothing and case just went by the wayside. Maybe it'll make it onto an episode of "Cold Case" ten years from now.