Friday, March 10, 2006

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood...

I'm coughing less. The cough still hasn't gone away completely, but I feel soooo much better than I have previously. Work was actually fun today for the first time in a long while. I actually felt like I got a ton of stuff accomplished.

I came home a bit earlier than usual since today was another fantastic day. The temperature got up into the mid 70s today. It was just getting a bit dusky outside by the time I got home, but that didn't stop us from going outside and playing some. Ginger came out too. Quinn pretended to snowboard by first just running around the yard, then getting out his scooter and pretending that was a snowboard. Catherine was riding Quinn's tricycle around (I think she's almost outgrown her own) and then switched over to digging with the shovel. Later Quinn started playing baseball. I have to admit, I was quite impressed. When we first started playing he hit five for five balls I threw to him (the sixth one I screwed up and threw to his opposite side). He started using his tee ball set to hit once it got a bit darker. Catherine was our all around outfielder going to get all the balls Quinn hit.



While we were out I tried taking some pictures again. See above for the fourth in the sunset series (at least I think it's the fourth). It was already getting dark though, so no spectacular shots or anything. Although almost got a couple of nice motion blur shots where I took pictures without the flash and tried to stay focused on the kids as they rode by causing a blurring in the background.

The kids have found a new game they like to play online (aside from the Veggie Tales flash games at Big Idea). The name of the game is Mirror Magic. The kids refer to it as the matching game, which is funny considering the goal of the game is two look at the pictures and find the differences between them. I call the game "Find the Photoshop."

3 comments:

Barry said...

Nice job on the picture of Catherine.
BTW, I'm back in VA for the next few hours.

BullBunky said...

I return to the weather blog and you return to the sunset blog. Nice :)

Scott said...

very good on the catherine picture....