Sunday, March 19, 2006

More Dinosaur Bingo

Quinn got up bright and early at 6 AM again this morning. I was able to convince him to try and go back to sleep. He called me in again at like 6:40, and somewhere in between six and then Ginger had obviously gotten up with him too since his CD was playing. I guess in a couple weeks when Daylight Savings Time kicks in this will all be moot since Quinn will need to be getting up at what is now 6 AM. He's going to adjust to it easier than Ginger and I will it seems.

I think Quinn eventually just got up at a little after 7. I don't know for sure since I sort of slept through it. I heard after the fact that Ginger took the kids to McDonald's for breakfast and then by Target to pick up some stuff before coming back to get me for church. Problem was I woke up when the garage door opened when they got back, so I wasn't quite ready yet. Ginger had to be at church early today because she was watching the nursery. So she left with the kids while I got ready and drove myself later. Lunch was me getting take out popcorn chicken from KFC. Catherine didn't have any, she doesn't like it, Quinn had a lot of it though.

The kids haven't been able to really play outside for several days now that winter has somewhat returned, it's been a bit too cold to go out. So the kids have been playing inside a lot. So we've played a lot of indoor things, like Dinosaur Bingo. We play that a lot now. And you apparently don't just quit when someone gets five in a row. You keep playing till someone fills up their entire card. In addition to Dinosaur Bingo Quinn really likes playing with his Lincoln Logs. This was him trying to use Lincoln Logs to build an Airbus. He saw the time lapse video on Google of building the airbus and he decided he wanted to build an Airbus too.

Now that the kids have the playarea downstairs and we've retaken the upstairs area for the adults, the kids are constantly going down into the basement, then back upstairs, then down, then up. It's a never ending journey it seems. Think we're going to have to buy another monitoring system so we can hear what they're doing downstairs when they go down without us.

No comments: