Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Paddy's Day

Today started with going to school with the kids. Today was breakfast with Dad day at the school. The school was a literal sea of green. Just about every kid had on green. It's been amusing, Quinn has been telling us for the past couple of days how if you don't wear green on St. Patrick's Day, "You get pinched!" As he was saying it, in the back of my mind I saw a sexual harassment suit waiting to be filed or Quinn being expelled for unacceptable behavior.

Once we got to the school, Catherine really couldn't eat any of the breakfast since the doughnuts and muffins they had came from Dunkin Doughnuts (which may have traces of peanut, apparently only Krispy Kreme doughnuts are assured of being peanut free). So Quinn got some doughnut holes, and Catherine ate a couple of bananas. They had already had cereal at home before we left, so don't feel too bad for them. After Quinn finished eating, he showed Catherine and me how he's learning to do addition. Then we moved breakfast down to Catherine's class and Catherine show Quinn and myself how she can sew. Catherine got really clingy when it was time for me to leave. Quinn didn't want me to leave either, but he got over it pretty quick. I got lucky in that Catherine didn't break down into tears like some of the kids did when their dads left (of course, it is only her Dad, so it wasn't that bit of a deal for her).

After that I headed to work. Ginger stopped by with the kids after picking them up from school to get the Eppy Pen out of my car (since I had taken it for the breakfast). From what I gather after that, they went to have lunch at Nordstrom. I'm not even sure where there is a Nordstrom's other than at Tysons or Dulles Town Centre, both seem rather far away. I guess that makes sense though since I heard later that the kids didn't nap (if they're being driven out to Timbuktu, who has time to nap).

When I got home, the kids were watching the movie Benji. Catherine actually got pretty frightened near the end (it's a very stressful movie apparently). After dinner the kids got ready for bed. They were suppose to go to bed earlier than normal since they didn't nap, but by the time they were actually in bed, it was pretty late (not late late, just less than an hour before their normal bedtime).

No comments: