Sunday, March 12, 2006

Bouncing On The Moon...

So the kids got up around 8 today. I gave them their baths and Ginger got up just as Catherine was almost done with her bath. I then went downstairs and fixed waffles for everyone. I almost botched the recipe though by not completely melting the butter. I'm trying that whole Cosby idea of screwing everything up, then I just won't be expected to do it in the future.

At church today Catherine got to switch the Sunday School class she goes to now that she's three. She's now in the same class as Quinn. At first she was a bit reluctant to actually go into the class, but once she was in, Quinn started showing her how things worked and telling her what to do. After church we picked up some KFC popcorn chicken for lunch, not that Catherine actually ate it (she insisted on having a jelly sandwich). I had a leftover hamburger and hot dog. During lunch some birds showed up at the birdfeeder on the deck, so I tried to get some shots again using the Sigma lens. At this point I can't tell whether the lens is just substandard and produces a somewhat fuzzy image or whether the focus was slightly off (I haven't tried to take a pic using manual focus, maybe that's what I need to try to really test this lens). My initial thought is the lens is just substandard, because when I look at the picture I can't find anything in area that looks to be sharply in focus (and even if the focus was off a little, something in the picture like a branch or something should have been crisp). But then the pine cone picture looked somewhat okay, although that one I did shrink versus the birds where I used a 1:1 cropped image from the original photo.

After lunch I attempted to fix Ginger's treadmill. Had to replace the motherboard on it. I only thought I hated working with built at home computers. Working on replacing a motherboard on a commercial piece of equipment is a complete pain in the butt. Took forever to get everything apart. And you ended up having to take apart a ton of stuff just to get access to the motherboard. I did end up using the Christmas gift I got for drill accessories though, so that's been officially broken in now.

While I was working on the treadmill the kids went out and played for a bit. Once I had done as much as I could with the treadmill, I put it back together the best I could (we couldn't actually test it since we don't know where the safety key is though). At this point the kids wanted the moon bounce set up, so I fired that up for a bit for them to play in. Quinn apparently hit his lip somewhere in there because later on I noticed some blood in his mouth. Didn't appear to be anything serious. The bad thing about the moon bounce is there is literally no place where you can take a decent picture of the kids in it. You get low and their heads are cut off when they jump. From up above you can't see into it well enough.

Nap time was... different. Quinn just refused to go to sleep (mind you, I had no such problems myself). So Ginger and Quinn eventually got up and went downstairs and watched some of today's NASCAR race. Once I awoke from my slumber, I headed out to Sports Authority to see if I could find a replacement safety key for the treadmill. This isn't a high "in demand item" and isn't carried by stores, so we'll have to order one online.

Catherine was extremely cranky when she woke up from her nap (this is pretty common these days). She eventually got better, but it always takes a while. Quinn went to bed early tonight (7:30) since he missed his nap.

No comments: