Monday, March 20, 2006

Revisionist History Revisited

Quinn has some baby duck eggs in his classroom at school. From the sound of it, the other classes have been stopping by his class to check out the eggs. I think from his description of things that one of the eggs had hatched. It actually sounded rather interesting.

So I've been on a rant recently about revisionist history, and lo and behold Ginger has caught me engaging in it. It's one of those things where I didn't mean to do it, I'm just getting old and don't remember events they way they actually occur anymore. Luckily I have Ginger there to set me straight. Last week I responded to Scott about why Quinn likes NASCAR, check the comments for this post. Ginger decided to set me straight:


Quinn's love of Nascar started with James getting #43 cars out of Cheerios boxes. Quinn has loved the Matchbox type cars since he saw them a few years ago. When adding to his collection I think it was me who purchased him the M&M car (although I am sketchy on that, but buying one like the candy is something I would do). It was an obvious choice given his love of M&Ms. Then one day I noticed that Speedvision shows race highlights early in the week. This was Quinn's first look at an actual race. From then on we have tried to let him see a few races when we remember. While no one in our immediate family has been a huge Nascar fan previously, we all keep up through Quinn now.

So evidently it's all my fault (and the fault of cereal boxes with free toys). When I got home tonight, Quinn and Ginger were playing Picture Link (I can't even begin to describe it, if you're interested in what it looks like, hit the link). Somehow I got sucked into the next game as well. It wasn't too long after I got home that Catherine woke up. Her general crankiness state wasn't too bad, but on par with normal. The prospect of watching TV always seems to help ease Catherine out of her crankiness, so the kids watched today's brand new episode of Little Einsteins. The kids are seen here right before the episode starts with Catherine giving Quinn a hug and Quinn thinking she wants to take the paddle ball he's got. After dinner we went upstairs to play some "Duck Duck Goose" in addition to various 'run through the house just making up rules' games.

Today's interesting tidbit: earlier today Ginger worked some major mojo and got our house's intercom system up and running. So maybe we won't have to buy a monitor for downstairs (although the intercom system is pretty loud, and not really suited for constant monitoring).

1 comment:

BullBunky said...

I think there is book in the making with all of these homemade games. Kind of a Calvin and Hobbes thing you have going there with rule creativity.