Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Not As Doomed As I Thought

Ok, so it was somewhat a false alarm. Ginger had some soreness and an earache, but hasn't gotten "the fever" yet. Hmmm, "the fever". Sounds like some marketing catch phrase: "Have you got the fever?" John has the fever, and as much as he would like to, I think the time elapsed from his visit here discounts us as the ones that gave it to him. Plus I don't even think what we had here when he was here was the fever stuff. But I digress. Catherine is doing better. No more fever, but still showing some signs of clinginess. She'll probably be returning to school tomorrow.

The past couple of nights the kids have made us play "Duck Duck Goose". It's pretty entertaining until Catherine gets bored. Once she's bored, someone will go by (usually Quinn) and tap her head and say Goose and she'll get up and run off into another room. When we play, Quinn tells everyone that I'm too fast, and not to do Goose on me, so the game usually consists of me sitting on the floor watching everyone else play. The fun just never stops around here.

I've still got my cough, but I managed to make it through the night last night sans medication. I laid down after putting the kids to bed, and was just going to lay there for a minute. Next thing I know Ginger's turning off the lights and it's 11 o'clock. Then before I knew it, it was morning. On the plus side, I felt great after getting the extra sleep. I think I'm still not 100% yet and the extra sleep really helped. I'm going for a Grizzly Adams look. Until my cough is gone, I'm not shaving (that'll show that cough who's boss). The accompanying photo was taken by Quinn.

Since I crashed early last night, I didn't get to watch any TV. I don't know what Ginger watched. Tonight I watched some Colbert Reports and Scrubs.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Nice new profile image... you look so Republican.

BullBunky said...

Well, I did hit 101 degrees (or so) yesterday, but it seems to have subsided today. This morning, it was just hot sweats and the sniffles.