Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Grammy and Pop Pop Visit

Grammy and Pop Pop (that would be Ginger's parent's) came up to visit Ginger today. They got here around lunch time I think. I ended up coming home for lunch and got the chance to see everyone. Quinn was scootering around the driveway. Catherine had fallen and ripped a hole in her tights at the knees (she had on tights because it's Tuesday, ballet day). The fall / rip didn't seem to be slowing her down in the slightest though. I was going to snap some pictures, but foolishly decided I would go inside and help clean up the kitchen first. After I came back out the kids were already in the car and playing there. This will be a shock, but Ginger, her parents and the kids all went out to eat at Arties for lunch. I gave Ginger the job of snapping some pics of the kids later with the grandparents, but she forgot.

Ginger's parent's left before I got home from work. The decided they wanted to leave 'early' so they could beat rush hour traffic. So they left at 4:30 (good plan there) and headed back to Richmond. The kids didn't nap, so they went to bed a bit early (they were already in pajamas for dessert when I got home). As I was reading them their nightly story, Quinn was telling me that they went to the Toy Store after lunch (to be honest, the fact that kids conned their grandparents into taking them to the Toy Store really doesn't surprise me). Quinn explained to me that he bought something at the store. And when I asked what it was, he told me it was "The thing that goes with my thing." I tried getting more details, but that was as good as I got. I later asked Ginger about it, and apparently that 'thing' was his second choice, initially he had told people "I already have a Woody, so I want the other Cowboys and the Horse." Obviously a Toy Story 2 reference (one hopes anyway) and he wanted Jessie, Bullseye and Stinky Pete (who apparently from what I was told Pop Pop was going to be the Prospector / Stinky Pete).

No comments: