Saturday, March 18, 2006

That Didn't Work

When we last left our heroes, they had put the kids to bed slightly earlier than normal since they didn't get a nap during the day. Little did we know that the cunning little tykes would foil our plan. Quinn woke after his normal amount of sleep at night today bright and early at 6 AM and refused to go back to sleep. Lucky me, I was the one he was calling out for, so I got to get up with him. I think we did more before 8 than I do with him in an entire day sometimes. I got to watch him play with his NASCARs, we played Dinosaur Bingo, we played checkers, we built a house with lincoln logs. He tried really really hard to get me to let him play Nintendo, but no way was I going to reinforce his getting up that early with a reward. It was a packed morning. Ginger and Catherine eventually got up around 8:30. And Grammy got up not too long after that. Once Grammy had some breakfast and got dressed, she took off for home.

After that we all got dressed. Ginger had plans for us to go to the grocery store, but the kids wanted to stay home and play. I know why Quinn wanted to stay, he thought I might let him play Nintendo since Mom wasn't around, I have no idea why Catherine wanted to stay, other than she wanted to hang out with Quinn. So I got to stay and play with the kids. We 'cooked' with the kitchen downstairs, played various games, there was a lot of running involved. And no activity seemed to last for much longer than 10 minutes (and Quinn didn't get to play Nintendo).

Once Ginger got home, the kids snacked and then they took their naps. Quinn I think napped for all of an hour, maybe a little more. He's been napping less and less lately. I wouldn't be too shocked to see him phase of out of needing a nap soon (I mean he will be almost 5 in a couple months, most kids are done with needing naps between 3 and 5). Quinn got really interested in the race track he got for Christmas again tonight. Because he discovered by looking at the box there are flags that are suppose to go around the outside of the track that we never set up. So we had to dig through the box and get the flags out. Then we had to put all the poles on the track. On the positive side it kept him pretty entertained, on the negative side, I think it woke up Catherine from her nap. So there was more playing, then dinner, then playing, then bed. As you can see Catherine still likes her ballet class. And she still does some of the moves around the house. I'm pretty exhausted from 'playing' today. And I never even left the house, and the day started pretty early (for me anyway).

No comments: