Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ginger Gets A Migraine

I took the kids to school again today. Not because we were running late or anything, just because they wanted me to. We'll see if that lasts though. I didn't park at the far end and let them run down the hill like they wanted, so maybe tomorrow they won't want me to take them.

Ginger wasn't feeling too good today. She had a migraine. Luckily it didn't get really bad until after she got the kids home from school. I couldn't come home and take over since today I had to attend an engineering review. I had planned on trying to come home after it was over, but the meeting ran late (they always do) and I didn't end up getting free from everything until close to 5. By then Ginger felt like she could make it for a while.

Because Ginger hadn't been feeling well, the kids didn't get to go outside and play today (and by the time I got home it was getting a bit too chilly for them to be outside). I got home around 6, and we let the kids watch the end of yesterday's NASCAR race. The tape started right at a race recap moment, which is great, because you get to see all the wrecks from the first two hours in like 4 minutes. Quinn loved it. The funny part was Quinn had already looked online to see who won the race (it was the "Lowe's car, number four eight"), but when we started watching it, even though I told him it was yesterday's race, when I asked him who was going to win, he said he didn't know. Then at the end of the race, he got all excited that the Lowe's car won, and he actually said "The Lowe's car won yesterday, and it won this race too." So we obviously need to work on what the concept of time shifting means with him a bit.

After we finished watching the NASCAR race, Ginger still wasn't doing too well, so I decided we would go out to eat so Ginger didn't have to fix dinner. And before I get grief for not fixing dinner myself, Ginger was in one of her moods where she didn't feel like eating anything here. We ended up going to Red Robin. I got the Fish and Chips. I don't know why I still order food there. I never like it. Maybe next time I'll just get some soup. I seem to recall I might have liked their clam chowder.

After dinner we headed home and the kids (and me) had a cookie for dessert. I went outside and rattled off a few more moon shots with the sigma lens and a tripod. It's getting closer to what I'm looking for, but not quite there yet. Although I'm not sure how much better I can get it since this was at max zoom and shutter speed of 1/1000 of a second.

Tonight was just loads of fun let me tell you. We're preparing to get new carpet installed in the basement, so we've been moving stuff around for a while now. They're showing up for the actual install tomorrow though, so tonight was the last minute pulling up carpet in places, sealing some cracks and moving this that and the other.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Funny to think of your family as NASCAR fans. Don't you need a mullet for that?

The moon picture is actually pretty impressive. I like it. If you can drag your behind out of bed at 4:30, you might be able to see that comet that is hanging around lately. Look east just before sunrise, near Venus.

JamesF said...

We (Ginger and myself) are not NASCAR fans, just Quinn is. My Mom is a fan and initially got Quinn interested. And apparently over on Ginger's side of the family there's some obscure relationship (Ginger's Mom's Cousin's Cousin or something) to one of the drivers.

As for the comet, the 4:30 part would definitely be the part I would have trouble with. :-)

BullBunky said...

I love Red Robin. Cajun Clucks and Fries :) Yummy.