Thursday, March 09, 2006

Nice Weather Today

Quinn got up early this morning and got his bath completed before Catherine got up (this is really unusual). While Catherine was getting cleaned up Quinn came downstairs and put the finishing touches on a tower he was building with blocks. He was pretty proud of it. After that I cooked some waffles for the kids for breakfast (apparently not enough since they ate all of what I cooked and Ginger had to cook them more waffles). Both kids went to school. Everyone seems to be recovered for the most part (except me, I still have that intermittent cough, although each day seems to be a little easier to get through).

Today was really nice. Temperature got up into the high 60s today. So when I came home, I took the kids outside and let them play around for a bit. It was getting dark, but it was still really warm out. I tried taking some pictures, but with it being as dark as it was the camera seemed to always pick the wrong spot to focus on. So at the time I thought I had some really great shots till I got inside and downloaded the pictures only to realize that most of them were crap.

I didn't get a full report on what happened today, but I know Catherine got in "big trouble" for not listening to her Mom at some point. Quinn told me that much during dinner. In fact, he took a little more delight than he probably should in telling me that. After dinner Quinn pretended to be his new favorite sports star "Lindsey Jacobellis." You may remember her (yes, he pretends he's female) as the USA Snowboarder that in the gold medal race had an amazing lead due to other contestants wiping out, then got cocky and tried a method air move and then wiped out herself and ended up getting passed and eventually finished with the Silver medal. Quinn just talks and talks about the wipeout. We even get to see it re-enacted a bunch of times. Later Quinn wanted to play some more "Duck Duck Goose" with just me. I have to say, the game loses something with just 2 people. So we grabbed Catherine and made her play (which lasted until she got bored, so not that long).

Once the kids were in bed I watched "CSI" and "Without a Trace." Then spent way more time than I wanted online IM'ing with people.

No comments: