Monday, March 06, 2006

Helloooooooo Nurse!

I'm curious how many people out there get the title reference. I suspect at least Curt and John should. Since there was no update yesterday, I'll sum up yesterday quickly. Catherine was still sick, we didn't go to church, we didn't really do anything. Quinn's been getting cabin fever, so after he woke up from his nap yesterday, I took him with me to Target to buy cough drops and DayQuil (had to buy the real stuff, they apparently don't sell a generic brand of DayQuil at Target). After that we stopped by KFC and picked up popcorn chicken for dinner for everyone (although only him and Catherine had it for dinner).

Since Quinn's doing so much better (and the doctor said that he wouldn't be contagious after 24-48 hours on the anti-biotics) we decided he could go to school. Catherine still doesn't seem well enough to go, but she didn't have a fever (at least earlier today she didn't, tonight she seemed a little warmer than normal). After school Ginger took the kids to Red Robin for lunch. I don't know how that went, but my guess is Catherine didn't really eat anything. The reason she took them out was today was Catherine's 3 year check up at the doctor's and the visit was at 2. I made an appointment with my doctor's office for 3 (the office is in the same hospital) to have my constant coughing checked out. Quinn was a handful at the doctor's office. He would alternate from being really good to having a meltdown. It's was pretty obvious that even though he's feeling better, he's getting worn down a lot faster than he used to. Catherine was 39 and 1/2 inches and 36.5 lbs (she had dropped a 1/4 lb since Friday). She did really good answering most of the doctor's questions (although she got a couple of color questions wrong). After her appointment we walked through the hospital to my doctor appointment. I got told that basically there's nothing I can do but wait it out, and that it should just get better over time. I got a prescription for Robitussin with codeine, but CVS was such a madhouse when I went by, I just dropped off the prescription and didn't pick it up today (guess I'll be getting that tomorrow).

For TV for the past couple of days, Ginger and I watched the last two episodes of "My Name is Earl" yesterday (thank you BitTorrent). And tonight we watched our usual Monday night lineup of "How I Met Your Mother", "Two and a Half Men", and "Courting Alex". After that Ginger took off and I watched last night's "Boondocks". We didn't watch the Oscars last night (although we did check in a couple of times online to see who won).

I finally got a response back from Blogger Support about my question on photo server space limitation (the FAQ references a 300 MB limit). The answer was evasive in that she didn't actually answer the question about whether the limitation exists. The response I got was


Your pictures are automatically compressed when you upload them, so you shouldn't have to worry about running out of space.


Great. I shouldn't have to worry. To me that translates into "Yes, there's a limit, but we don't think you can hit it". They did state that they realize photo management isn't currently available, nor are your pictures even browseable. The question came about after one night where blogger was acting flaky and I uploaded the same picture multiple times because they didn't appear to be uploading. They all did in fact upload, but with different names. So I assumed they're taking up space towards my 300 MB limit. If there's no limit, I don't care, but if there is a limit, I would like to be able to delete the duplicates. The person that answered the question said they were looking at adding some photo management capabilities in the future (but who knows when that will be).

4 comments:

BullBunky said...

Animaniacs. Do I win something?

Curt Sawyer said...

I knew that. But Tiny Toons was better.

Scott said...

You think you'll ever make it back in to work? We're starting to worry about you here. I think Deb said something about STD kicking in soon!

:-)

JamesF said...

I've been back to work. Half days Thursday and Friday last week. Would have been a full day yesterday except for the doctor visits.

And I certainly hope that STD stands for Short Term Disability and not something else. Otherwise I have to seriously question my interactions with Debbie.