Saturday, March 25, 2006

Saturday, In The Park...

I slept in this morning. I think I slept till around 10. Ginger said Catherine was up before 7 and Quinn was up just after 7.

Today is Skyler's birthday party and Catherine is going. Skyler is one of the girls in Catherine's ballet class. It's the first party that Catherine has been invited to that Quinn wasn't also invited. Catherine has been pretty excited about the party. Telling us throughout the week that she was going to party, but that Quinn and I weren't going. The party was at a McDonald's that has a play place in it.

So while Catherine and Ginger went to the birthday party, I took Quinn on an adventure. We started by going to Chick-Fil-A. Quinn loves eating there because they have waffle fries (and it doesn't hurt that he likes the chicken), but we don't eat there because of Catherine's allergies (they cook with peanut oil). I was a bit disappointed. It's been probably at least a year since I've been there regularly, but it definitely seems as if the size of the nuggets have gotten significantly smaller than what I remember them being.

After that we went by the toy store in the mall and Quinn pointed out everything that he wants for his birthday. There was a significant amount stuff. It was to the point where I stopped trying to remember things after the first aisle. After that we went by a comic book store. I got a couple of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck comics for Quinn (hopefully he'll share them with his sister). And then after that Quinn wanted to go to a park near our house, so we stopped at home to see if Catherine was home in case she wanted to go too. She was home, but Ginger was putting her down for her nap, so she couldn't make it. After being at the park for a while, Quinn realized he really should have used the restroom when we were home (I tried to tell him he should go, but would he listen? Nooooo). So it was back home for a restroom break. Then we were off to the grocery store for to get some drinkable yogurt for the kids. Unfortunately they only had one Nouriche in Quinn's favorite flavor (which he thinks is apple, but is really peach).

After that we headed to McDonald's and got Quinn an ice cream cone. I couldn't believe the size of the small, it was a lot bigger than I would have expected. But what I really couldn't believe was he ate the whole thing. After that we came home. It was just starting to get dark out. We went out of the deck and I filled the bird feeder outside while Quinn jumped up and down triggering the motion sensor causing the lights to keep coming on. He also took a couple pictures of me, none of which turned out very good. If you want to see one of the more unusual ones look here. Warning: it's an untouched picture, so it's like 1.5 MB (Nana, that's geek speak for it'll take a long time to load on dialup). And no, that's not photoshopped (even though it certainly looks like it is). I decided since I was out there, I might as well get another sunset picture.



When we came back inside, Ginger and Catherine were waking up from their nap. Ginger told me about how at the birthday party Catherine got upset because one of girls wouldn't talk to her. The party only lasted an hour and a half, which is pretty short. I'm fairly certain when we had Quinn's party last year at "Old McDonald's" they allotted us more than 90 minutes. After the party they went by the used book store and bought a bunch of the newer Richard Scarry books.

When the kids went to bed tonight, we read some of the new Scarry books that Ginger and Catherine had bought. And when it was time for Quinn to actually get in bed, he requested one of his new comic books he got today as his late night reading material. It was pretty amusing to look in on him and see him 'reading' the comic book.

3 comments:

BullBunky said...

OK, for the record, I did get your Chicago reference. I know you worry about me sometimes :)

JamesF said...

Cool. I didn't know if people would get that. And you had been complaining that Genesis was an 'oldie.'

BullBunky said...

Well, thanks to my iPod, everything is brand new again!