Thursday, March 16, 2006

Kids Get Spoiled Some More

Took the kids to school again today. Looks like this might become a regular thing. The kids seem to enjoy it, and it forces me out of the house a little earlier than I would leave otherwise. Ginger and her Mom spent some time moving stuff back into the newly carpeted area and arranging what will now be the kids new play area.

As I suspected, since there was no reason to be at the house today Ginger and her Mom took the kids out to eat. Admittedly it was only Wendy's, but that still constitutes going out. When I came home after work Quinn and Catherine were both still napping. I tried to watch part of a Colbert Report and got through maybe one segment before Quinn woke up. He showed me around the new play area downstairs and showed me the new toys he had gotten today (I'm guessing these came from Grammy), a new NASCAR truck for car 29 (no idea who drives that car) and I think three new cars. Because at this point he needs more cars (yes, that would be sarcasm). Catherine got a new Barbie doll or something that she thinks is Cinderella. I'm less sure about this one because I didn't see it, and I only had Quinn and Ginger tell me about it since Catherine was still asleep.

It wasn't too much later that Catherine woke up. It was her typical wake up, extremely cranky and irritable. She eventually got better just about the time we were finished with dinner. The kids played for a bit after dinner while I snuck off upstairs and took a quick nap (I can only pull this type of stunt off if we have company to entertain the kids). I'm trying to recoup some sleep since tomorrow morning is the father's day breakfast at the kid's school and we need to be there by 8:15.

4 comments:

Scott said...

The new carpet and downstairs playroom looks really nice. The color is exactly the same as the one I painted Eddie's room.

I hope you don't mind, but for the sake of family harmony, I had to delete your blog comment on the "astral plane". I found it incredibly funny, but after enjoying it a few minutes, I realized that I had better delete it! My mother-in-law does not like to be mocked. So, I chickened out... and it's gone.

I was so nervous, I had to check Statcounter to see that she didn't see it! Hope you understand.

Scott said...

Hey, BTW, you need to set the timezone on your blog settings. You're on California time! There's no way I posted at 5:45am!

JamesF said...

As for the color, it doesn't surprise me, pretty sure we used Benjamin Moore paint (and I think you said you used that too). Although we used Benjamin Moore paint mixed to mimic some color from another paint company that Ginger liked I think. She would be able to elaborate more if she sees this and has the inclination to comment.

As for the comment, I see how it is. Scott's Blog is being censored. Where's the freedom of expression (although it is your blog, so you can do whatever you want). I wish I had saved the post, I liked the way I worded it (you have it mailed to you I assume, can you forward it back to me?).

And I knew I was going to get busted on the timezone thing eventually. I've always had the blog set to California time. Since a lot of the posts (which are really recaps of the days most times) don't actually get finished and go up until after midnight, this was a good way of keeping it on the same day.

Scott said...

Jeez, you're throwing the 1st Amendment at me? That sucks!

I do have your brilliant posting in email. You said:

I don't know, I kind of like this idea of prophetic mice that exist as a projection of your subconscious. You inadvertently created the mouse purely by psychic manipulation of ectoplasm within the astral realm. Makes you really wonder what ramifications there would be to killing the little bugger.

I guess I will find out the ramifications of killing the little bugger shortly!