Friday, March 24, 2006

Lunch At Work, When Will I Learn

Ginger's car needed to be taken in to get some work done, so I got volunteered to take the car in while Ginger took the kids to school in my car. Ginger met me at Craven and gave me a ride to work. I stalled at home long enough after she left that she actually got to Craven before I did.

Later after Ginger picked up the kids from school, she called and asked if I minded if they stopped by for lunch. Foolishly I said "Sure", apparently forgetting the reasons I swore I wouldn't do it again after last time. Things weren't too bad. But about 5 minutes after getting there Catherine announced "I have to pee." So Ginger took her to the restroom, then soon as they got back Quinn announced "I have to poop." *Sigh*. They insisted on playing with the Superman I have (and it's noisy). And Catherine really likes my Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) figure (it looks like this), but because it's anime, she thinks he's a girl (probably because of the ponytail). Still, the visit could have gone worse I suppose, so all in all, it wasn't too bad.

Later in the day I got a ride from KennyG to pick up Ginger's car. Craven's crack team had been on the case and discovered they couldn't reproduce the problem, but they did notice a problem with the transmission. They think it might still be under warranty, so they didn't fix it and recommended taking it into a dealer. How much you want to bet the dealer claims the problem isn't something under the warranty? Come on, any takers?

When I got home Quinn woke up (evidently from my opening and closing the garage door). From there Quinn and I put the flags onto his race track. I had been promising to help him do that for a while and had been putting it off, so it was nice to get that done.

After dinner the kids got to watch a movie. We gave them the choice between a couple Veggie Tale movies, Robin Hood, Benji or Toy Story 2. They emphatically went with Toy Story 2. Quinn apparently is related to my Mom. Throughout the entire movie it's just a constant stream of questions. "Why did that man take Woody? Where are they going? Why's he sad? Why is there another Buzz? What's he doing? Etc? Etc?" I couldn't take it and had to leave for a bit. When I got back, he was still asking questions. Ginger has the patience of a saint, because she was calmly answering him whenever he asked. The bad thing about watching the movie was they both ended up staying up a lot later than they should have. Quinn was in bed just after ten and went to sleep almost immediately, Catherine however was still up after 10:30. Anyone want odds on whether they get up at 6 AM tomorrow?

2 comments:

Scott said...

I thought it was a girl too.

BullBunky said...

One thing you can count on from a mechanic is that even if they can't fix the problem you came to them with, they will certainly find something wrong to recommend. I have never gone to get my oil changed without a suggestion that I need tires or brakes or something expensive.