Friday, June 01, 2007

Hot School Hot Picnic Hot Hot Hot


The kid's school had their end of the year picnic today. So of course it was about 160 degrees in the shade. Okay, I may be exaggerating a tad on that, but it was pretty hot. Easily low to mid 90s I would say. I was especially feeling it since I had come from work and was wearing jeans instead of shorts like any sane person would wear outside today. And the heat made it so Catherine was ready to leave after about half an hour (although she would get her second and third wind when the swings would open up).


So Catherine's done with school for this year, and Quinn has one more week to go. So that's it for Ginger's free time at home between 9:10 and 11:30. No more staying at home and eating bon bons for her. And yes, that's a joke, she's always very busy doing errands during that time. Which means I'll probably end up having to run some of the errands she normally did over the summer. Either that or she'll just cowboy up and take both kids with her on errands now (that's not something I would envy doing).


I have this neat idea for a picture. I want to take it of the kids one the swing as they swing all the way back. And take it from in the middle of their swing path so you're looking up at them. I tried this a couple times today, but I never got the results I was looking for, the above is the closest I got. Part of the problem is I didn't have the ISO speed high enough to freeze the action so most shots were a touch out of focus. The other problem was trying to get into position, get the shot and get out of the way before the kids slammed into you. That was actually the tougher part. This was further compounded by the fact that Catherine would then try to kick me as she went by, so not only did I have to get out of the way, I had to avoid the foot of death also.


I looked back at the post from last year's picnic just for comparison purposes. In addition to getting the feeling that Quinn's a player and doesn't know it, I believe I've gotten better at composition of shots over the past year. At least I think I have.


And just like last year, Rob and his clan was there this year also. I think I like the photo of them from last year better than this one. I should have used the flash for fill in lighting I suppose.

No comments: