Tuesday, June 19, 2007

It Hardly Seems Fair


Quinn's still sick. I heard his temperature was around 103 today. And now Catherine has come down with whatever it is. Hope they both get over it before the weekend so Catherine can perform in her recital and we can all go see her. And I really hope that Ginger doesn't catch whatever this is (not just because that will suck for me when I get home, although that is a big part of it). Meanwhile I'm still out here in California going out for Thai food with Barry and Rob in Barry's Mustang rental car which can't really seat three people.

So I watched Ghost Rider last weekend. Overall the movie was better than I was expecting, but considering the reason I didn't go see it when it was in the theaters was that I didn't think it was going to be very good, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement. The story is a little weak. Ok, it's a lot weak. Nicolas Cage does an okay job as Johnny Blaze, but I liked the actor that played the young Johnny better to be honest. It made me wish the movie had been about the Daniel Ketch Ghost Rider instead of the Johnny Blaze one. That's probably because I like the look of the Danny version (but so does Marvel since they brought back Johnny Blaze and have him look like the Danny version). The Caretaker character was also a product of the Danny version, and Sam Elliott plays the Caretaker in the movie delivering what I believe to be the best acting performance in the movie (as well as being the most natural and coolest character). They did change the Caretaker character a lot for the movie though (to the point where only the look and some of the attitude remained the same). The other actor in the movie is Eva Mendes playing the love interest of Johnny Blaze. I will say this, she has two really good assets and they get heavily used and blatantly displayed in every scene she's in. The humor lines in the movie just don't seem to work as well as I suspect they wanted. Overall the movie is barely passable which shouldn't overly surprise me since the director for the movie is the same as the director of the Daredevil movie, which was also just an okay movie.

No comments: