Tuesday, June 26, 2007

We've Got Wii!

Oh yea baby! Daddy's got a Wii! Well, I don't actually have it here. Ginger has it. And she's in Richmond, but I will have it soon as she gets back. What? I didn't mention that Ginger was in Richmond? Right, so Ginger took the kids to Richmond for a couple of days. That's because last week the plan was that Ginger and the kids were going to go to Richmond, but then the kids got sick and that plan fell through (which is too bad, because they would have been in Richmond at the same time I was in California and it all would have worked out fine and dandy). As it is, now they're down in Richmond and I'm stuck here at the house by myself for two days, with no idea of what I can do with Brick. Since Ginger and Catherine are coming back on Thursday, I don't think I'm going to have time to come up with something involving the Brick. Quinn will be staying in Richmond and returning home on Sunday.

So about the Wii. Ginger and the group down there found one at a store. There's some really weird story about how the store didn't know they had it, and it got delivered to another store (American Eagle) instead, and they hung around until it was delivered to the correct store or something. Quinn was pretty excited about it. He called me at work to tell me all about it. He also mentioned how he thinks we should 'share' the Wii. Amazing how the "let's share" idea kicks in when someone else has something he wants versus the other way around. This is good though since it means now we'll have the Wii when we go to the beach on vacation.


So how about some pictures in this post? I have a couple of Catherine in her ballet outfit from Sunday. One posed and one 'action' shot. I can tell I had the flash pointed straight at her though since I can see some massive reflection of the flash in her forehead. Other than that I think the shot turned out pretty good. I still can't believe she was wearing makeup. No big surprise I suppose, but the day after she was asking to wear more makeup. Ginger put the kibosh on that though by telling her it was only for the recital.


I'm not as happy with the action shot, but only because the noisy background that is our house ruins the picture I think (there's only so much you can do when that sofa is in the background). Just as bad you can really see the flash is point straight ahead (which considering I had the camera turned 90 degrees, the flash was actually off to the side a bit, but it really shows up on the wall in the background).

3 comments:

Ken Church said...

You could paint a few buttons on Brick and swing him around like a Wiimote.

Anonymous said...

Even with the flash reflection, I think the first shot is great!

JamesF said...

-r: Even with the flash reflection, I think the first shot is great!

Thanks!