Sunday, June 10, 2007

Marble Madness


Since Nana is still up, the kids spent a lot of time playing with her today. Ginger and Catherine did head off by themselves down to the local playground for a while so Catherine could swing. All the baseball pictures are from Nana's camera.




The kids were still running on empty from lack of sleep. At least tonight they went to bed around their normal bedtime, which is good since they start their art classes tomorrow. Speaking of sleeping, how can kids sleep so soundly? I went in to check on Catherine tonight and she was on the floor partway under her bed. No idea how she got there, but I dragged her out, rolled her over, picked her and turned her around and laid her down on her bed and she never even opened an eyelid. Seriously, at what point do you lose the ability to sleep that soundly so you can go through all that and still not wake up?

And to continue on that sleeping motif, I was too lazy to get up early this morning so I missed out on my chance to buy a Wii. The local Toys R Us got a shipment of 40 of them in today and had I gotten there around 7 this morning I could have probably gotten one, but I waited until after the store opened so they were long gone by then.




I goofed around with the macro shot setting on my small point and shoot camera today. Took some pictures of the kid's marbles. I actually took a lot, but most didn't turn out too well or you can see too much in the reflections, so these were some of the only ones I thought were decent. Looking back if I had to do it again, I would probably not do it directly under the skylight.

4 comments:

Buddy Tignor said...

even with the reflection...still some neat shots, the color range is neato.

Curt Sawyer said...

Are these the marbles you lost...?

;-)

JamesF said...

Capt Sawyer: Are these the marbles you lost...?

I did consider using some form of that line for the post title, but couldn't come up with anything that I thought would work.

Scott said...

You have nice balls.