Thursday, June 21, 2007

What's On Your Coffee Table?


So before I left on my trip, my Father's Day gift arrived. And I have to admit, this is probably the coolest gift I've ever gotten bar none (it even beats the big screen HD television). Ginger published a book of my first year of posts on the blog.


Evidently I tend to write a lot in these posts as the book is well over 400 pages in length. And I believe the book is available to be purchased by anyone, so if you were looking for something different for your coffee table, let me know and we can get you a copy. I fully expect my Google email account to be overloaded with all the requests.


The posts that had videos accompanying them read a bit funny since the text refers to something that's not there, but maybe that just means I need to start including preview images of videos in the future. I know all this stuff exists out there online and I can visit it at anytime, but having it in a book sure does make it feel a bit more real and makes me feel like typing all this stuff isn't just going into the bit bucket somewhere.


Now I just need to get enough material for Volume 2.

8 comments:

gaz said...

that is extremely cool.
if you don't mind me asking, where did she get it done?

GingerF said...

I used Blurb (www.blurb.com) for the book. Blurb actually "slurped" up the content from Blogger.

Curt Sawyer said...

Very Cool! I often worry about losing everything on Blogger, and this would be an excellent way to keep that from happening.

Buddy Tignor said...

Ginger sure is hip "Blooks" are all the rage in the education community these days to.

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest thing ever.

Barry said...

excellent gift.

Scott said...

Now I just need to get enough material for Volume 2.

Somehow, I don't think that will be a problem.

Very cool present.

BullBunky said...

The book looks fantastic! We've used blurb for a standard photo book, and I have been very pleased with their quality.

You have inspired me to try the blog publish.