Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Art Camp, Now With Less Art

So I'm not exactly sure how I would rate the art camp / classes the kids are attending at the school this week. I asked Quinn yesterday what he did and I got informed they had a train in the classroom and he apparently played with that most of the day. Wonderful, we're paying for him to go play with a train. Catherine at least told us how she had mixed colors to make some new colors. I didn't get the impression that she did anything with the colors she made, but I suppose making colors is at least somewhat art related.

Today when I asked Quinn what he did at art camp I got informed that he played with Tinker Toys. I guess he forgot that he had told me this morning he was actually going to do something art related today. Catherine on the other hand did do something art related again. I couldn't completely understand her description of what she did when she explained it, but I think it had something to do lemon juice and stamps or painting. Maybe it was that 'invisible ink' that shows up when heated or something.

So basically what I've gotten from talking to them is that we're paying for Catherine to get some art / craft exposure and meanwhile we're paying for someone to watch Quinn while he plays for a couple of hours. Great, just great.

Ginger took the kids by Frying Pan Park today after she picked them up. This is the park Catherine went to a while back on a after school play date with some of the other kids from school. It was Quinn's first time and it sounded like he really enjoyed himself. And he kept quizzing me on information about the farm during dinner (asking me how many horses the stables could hold, or how many cows were there, etc). I hear they even got to go on a tractor ride. My guess is this will become a semi regular destination over the summer. No pictures of the events today though since Ginger didn't have the small point and shoot with her (although she did stop by the camera store to check out the Nikon D40 since she thinks she might like that, but if she's going to get that, I might opt for her to get the Nikon D40x instead).


Had a quick rain here tonight, and I snapped a couple of pictures after it was all said and done. Nothing spectacular, and it was getting dark so I had to take a ton of shots just to get a couple that were actually in focus.

2 comments:

Barry said...

I like the leaf shots

Buddy Tignor said...

great post rain shots!