Monday, June 18, 2007

My Head In The Clouds

The kids started gymnastic class today. No pictures though. And Catherine's ballet had a session where you could go and take pictures today also, but again I don't have pictures. And I've heard that Quinn is now sick. "You heard" you ask? Right, I had to miss all of that because I'm on travel out in California. For a one day meeting I'm basically going to be gone for three. Ok, so I'm less upset about missing Quinn being sick than I am the other stuff, but still I wish I could have been there. Ginger says Quinn took a turn for the worse halfway through the day and just got worse and worse. And it unfortunately culminated with him throwing up after he went to bed (although I didn't get the info of whether it was in the bed, in the 'bucket' while in bed or whether he made it to the bathroom. Since I know almost nothing, I'm guessing he probably picked up something at the bowling alley since he was snacking on stuff there while he was bowling and I didn't sanitize the ball before he started using it. I'm really hoping that whatever it is he has I don't get while I'm out here.


As for me, I spent most the later part of the day in the air at thirty four thousand feet above the ground. It's very pretty up there. Just wish the camera had taken some better pictures of scenic shots of vast expanses of land. But those turned out grainy and almost colorless because it was pretty hazy (I'm going to try and play around with one or two of those when I get home and see if I can salvage anything).


I will say this, there's nothing like flying to make you feel alive. And by flying I mean landing. I hate turbulence. Even the mild stuff. And on this particular flight I was booked in the very last row in a middle seat. I got lucky though since whoever had the window seat didn't show up. I checked before the flight and they had told me all the aisle and window seats were taken already, so it was just good fortune that the one seat next to me opened up. So being in the back you have an excellent view where you can watch the wing on the plane as it bounces up and down when things get bumpy. Always fun stuff that.

So when I got to the hotel, I found out they had overbooked and I had been bumped to a hotel next door. It was a good bump, but it was odd since I know I had reservations from last week, and one of the guys that is here with me just made reservations today. I guess Fairfield Marriot doesn't like me. Although they bumped me next door to Courtyard Marriot, which my cohorts have told me is a nicer hotel. Very odd. Anyway, the picture here is for John since I know how much he likes hotel window shots.

2 comments:

BullBunky said...

Ugh, the last row is killer. But, at least you didn't have a full row...the trapped feeling back there is NOT fun...particularly after a movie ends and there is a line to the bathroom right next to you.

And bravo on the window shot. I think we have a new blog in the making :)

Curt Sawyer said...

Landing isn't the problem. You have an issue landing, you just power up and wave off and try again.

Be worried about take-off. At take-off, all power is committed. You have an issue during take-off, you're screwed.

;-)

Or so a Navy pilot friend of mine once said...