Sunday, June 24, 2007

Dress Rehearsals


For all three people out there who are interested in this (and unless I miss my guess, all three of them are on the road now on their way up here), I present Catherine and her ballet recital. Let me just warn you ahead of time, the music selection is not what I would call a traditional ballet number.


Why are the pictures so bad you ask? Well on the way there I decided to start deleting some pictures off the camera so I would have plenty of room, and then noticed the "-E-" symbol on the camera. I had left the compact flash at home in my computer from where I pulled pictures off last night. Crap crap crap. So I ended up having to use the small point and shoot Nikon. So the pictures are less than ideal, but on the other hand, at least I had it with me so I could have some pictures. I would have been extremely upset with myself had I not had the other camera, not mind you that I wasn't upset with myself, but it was at least tempered by the fact I had a camera available.

Sure, this is only this week's dress rehearsal, but it was this morning in the auditorium where the actual recital will be. Turned out better than I thought it would (although we still have tonight to go, so I shouldn't speak too soon), but based on the video from last week, it seems improved. And you can tell some of the kids (Catherine being one of them) have no clue what to do next and are looking off stage for the instructor who's showing what moves to do.

I decided to go ahead and include last week's footage also, so you can see how bad it could have been. The one thing I did notice was I saw some moves here in this video that I didn't see in the other rehearsal. I think it has to do with the timing of how long it takes them to make it around that circle.

1 comment:

gaz said...

very cute.
i don't know whether to laugh or cry... or both!