Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's / Pool Post Day


Today was Father's Day, or as we like to call it around here, Sunday. We didn't do a lot different from our normal routine. The kids were eventually reminded to tell me Happy Father's Day after we got out of church. And Quinn did graciously offer to 'take me bowling' for Father's Day. He neglected the part about him not having any money and I was going to be footing the bill. So I let him 'take me' and I bowled a couple of games and I think he bowled three. He's getting a lot better in that he's not doing a shot put throw anymore, but he still needs to work on his release since he ends up putting some major spin on the ball when he throws it. And looking back I should have just stopped him after the second game, because I could tell his arm was getting tired during that last game.


While we were gone Ginger worked on Catherine's ballet costume (which I think is for her recital that's coming up soon). Ginger also styled Catherine's hair in the bun mode. I had brief flashbacks to bad Star Trek Voyager episodes when I saw the pictures of it. They had already finished and were off the to mall by the time Quinn and I got back (and we were only gone for about an hour I think).



So Quinn and I got to practice baseball outside while we waited on the girls to get back. Once they returned home we all headed out to the pool. The water was significantly colder than I was expecting with it being so warm out. I guess the past week hasn't been particularly hot or something since the water definitely felt a bit on the chilly side. Of course, that didn't seem to bother the kids in the slightest though. In fact I've never seen the water temperature affect them other than Catherine will sometimes be shivering and her teeth might be chattering, but she still won't get out of the water even then.










Ginger got me a very unique and special Father's Day present, but it hasn't arrived yet (she told me about it though), so I should be getting that within a couple of days. I wanted to have it in my hot little hands before I put up anything about it.

No comments: