Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Down On The Farm


So after school Catherine got an impromptu play date with some of the kids from school. The lot of them went to Frying Pan Farm Park. They have tractor rides and some animals and tries to recreate the atmosphere of a 1920's farm (at least that's what the blurb from the website says).






I've never been there, but it sounded somewhat interesting I suppose if you don't get to see that sort of thing normally. And they got to see a baby calf. If they had been there past 4:30, they could have milked a cow, but they had to leave to get Quinn who got out of school at 3.


I think Antoinette ended up coming back to our house after they picked up Quinn from school since I can see remnants of drawings the kids made while playing out back made.

Been a while since I've posted anything comic book related. I figure I 'm due. So about a week ago FOX and the Franklin Mint announced a promotional stunt for Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Seems they were going to take a bunch of California quarters (40,000) and place an image of the Silver Surfer on them and release them into the wild. They said these would be legal tender, and if you were one of the first to find one of the quarters and entered a code or something from it on the website, you could get some free preview screening or something. Then the US Mint weighed in stating that they had nothing to do with the promotion, and that defacing US Currency for the purposes of advertising is against the law, and that contrary to what the Franklin Mint publicized, the coins were not in fact legal tender. Doesn't mean I wouldn't love to have one of these puppies. But since I rarely spend cash for anything anymore, I have little to no chance of coming by one. And I think it's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of to shell out more than $100 for a quarter than isn't even worth a quarter anymore (okay, okay, "one" of the stupidest things since I've heard of bunch of stupid things).

4 comments:

Buddy Tignor said...

Personally, I think coinage with superheroes and their arch enemies would be way cool :-)

could the artists at the mint be worried about their jobs in a competitive world :-)

gaz said...

people will spend ridiculous amounts on stuff off ebay. we have found that people will buy stuff *used* off ebay for more than they can buy it *new* from the store!
it's more bizarre seeing what people will actually sell on ebay.

Curt Sawyer said...

You'd pay $100 for a quarter but won't send $5 Jessica's way?

So very sad...

Even John has donated!

JamesF said...

Curt: You'd pay $100 for a quarter but won't send $5 Jessica's way?

Thanks for not actually reading the text. I said that I thought it would be beyond stupid to pay $100 for a quarter, especially one that wasn't even worth a quarter.

And I won't be giving Jess any money because I don't have any faith in her like you do. All I know is that she insulted people that liked Heroes and thought this past season of Battlestar Galactica was actually good. Sorry, but in my opinion that's two strikes against her taste right there.