Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Mmmmm, Humble Pie


Good news! After working our way through several refurbished TiVo Series 3's we've discovered the problem we were seeing with our current TiVo wasn't due to TiVo at all, but rather a faulty cable card. Man, now I have to go back and retract all those bad things I said about TiVo. And there was a lot of bad things. Crow, it's what's for dinner. Mind you, I still think some people in TiVo's general customer support department are incompetent, but at least their hardware is solid.

Ginger worked through all the issues in a conference call between Cox and TiVo yesterday where they finally decided the problem was with one of the cable cards we have (according to Ginger the phone call turned into a massive finger pointing debate, but luckily she got the issue resolved). This really should have been found by Kenny when he was out a couple months ago, but who am I kidding, I can't get mad at Kenny. So after a visit from Cox today (not Kenny) updating our faulty cable card we now have a working TiVo with two good cable cards. We still can't get channels that are SDV, but we knew going in that we weren't going to be able to get those channel (and there are only a couple of those channels anyway). Now we can finally return the latest refurbished TiVo they sent us and get our money back on the deposit we've basically had with TiVo for the past two months. Life is good.

In other news I got my new memory card I ordered for the my D200 today. I went with a 16 GB SanDisk Extreme III card. Hopefully with that kind of capacity I won't have to be deleting pictures off the card quite as often as I do now. With the 2 GB card I have now I really only have enough room for one or two outings before I have to make more room on the card. With the new card I can take approximately 1600 pictures. Plus the provided I send in and get the rebate the card won't end up costing that much overall. And I realize that's a pretty big "if" since I typically end up getting burned in one way or another on rebates.

1 comment:

gaz said...

so you're enjoying the d200 then.
this shot would do for project yellow dude...