Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Great Outdoors (Briefly)


I finally closed out an old credit union savings account that I've had and basically ignored for the last 10 years. I know what you're thinking, how am I going to live with the loss of that potential income of 0.8% yearly interest. Well, it'll be rough, but I suspect we'll manage. I was kind of surprised it wasn't harder to close the account. They didn't even ask why I was closing it or if there was anything they could do to convince me to keep it open. In a way it was kind of anticlimactic.


And since it was such a nice day out I also decided to come home from work a bit early so I could take the kid outside for a bit. Catherine ended up not wanting to go, but Quinn was willing to go.


The only bad thing about being outside is either I have a sore throat that has lasted for six plus days now or the pollen in the air is causing some kind of serious perpetual nasal drip that's constantly irritating my throat. After being outside for only about 30 minutes I could tell it did a number on my sinuses. I never recall allergies bothering me when I was growing up, so I'm wondering if I've just gotten more susceptible with age or whether there's just more pollen in the air around here than where I grew up (I would have thought the later to be highly unlikely, but who knows).

No comments: