Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Short Haired Dad


I suppose it was inevitable that someone else would get sick. I had held out hope, but it looks like Ginger's got a version of whatever Catherine had. Ginger's been running a mild fever since last night. I'm really hoping it doesn't get much worse than that. And since it's all about me I'm also really hoping I don't get it. I've simply got too much to do at work at this point to get sick. Although I'm starting to think I need to just give up on work at some point and simply come home so I can see the kids. I came home tonight and managed to get home before dinner was done, and Quinn actually asked why I was home. I think at that moment I realized maybe I'm spending too much time at work and need to work on getting home earlier.

I ran some errands tonight after putting the kids to bed. I got a haircut since I can't remember when I last got one and my hair was just getting way too long (you can see the results above in the really bad self portrait). I also stopped by the grocery store since we needed a bunch of stuff and it's not really fair to make Ginger do it when she's not feeling well. Although she apparently did go get her car reinspected today and they made her wait almost an hour and a half. Seems odd to me since I would have thought they only needed to verify that the headlight worked, but I got the impression from Ginger they redid the entire inspection.

1 comment:

Curt Sawyer said...

"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."