Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Leftovers, They Aren't Just For Dinner


Looking through my photos I have some that were borderline at the time I took them, but are starting to look better and better since I haven't taken pictures recently. Couple that with the fact that Ginger didn't take the camera with her today (even though the kids went to a play date with Perry and Drew over at CeCe's today) and suddenly we have pictures worth posting.


The rain for the past couple of days has done wonders in eliminating a bunch of the pollen that was in the air and making it so my throat isn't constantly sore. Sadly though by the end of today I could see there was a layer of green dust on my car. So it might start up again soon.



Ginger and I watched one of her Netflix movies last night. It was a cute drama / romantic comedy called No Reservations. I loved the fact that they made no pretense about the fact that this is a movie starring beautiful people. Catherine Zeta-Jones (playing top chef Kate) is easy on the eyes in the film, but I think Aaron Eckhart (rival new chef Nick) might actually out hot her. Ginger had recently accused me of having a man crush on George Clooney, but after seeing Eckhart in this film I might have to toss George to the curb. And who knew Jones was actually a good actress, I've only seen her in films prior to this that focused more on her assets other than acting (Entrapment, I'm looking at you). The movie itself is a mishmash of a bunch of different standard plots. There's the female trying to make it in a male dominated profession, there's the emotionally distant woman suddenly has to take care of her sister's precocious too cute for words nine year old daughter and finally we have the age old competition between between rivals turns into budding romance. Seriously, it's like every movie cliche and then some thrown together, but somehow it all works. It's nothing spectacular, and I don't see it winning any awards, but it is a standard Hollywood feel good popcorn movie that just happens to be done very well.

No comments: