Saturday, July 01, 2006

Swimming and Bowling

Long day today. It started pretty early with Quinn getting and waking up Catherine. Then somehow I got woken up (because there was a bug downstairs that needed to be taken care of). Eventually we got motivated and got moving. First stop was the pool. We got there around 11 and stayed until almost 1. I managed to pull my calf muscle at one point near the end as I was treading water in the deep end so I could keep Quinn from drowning after he would jump off the diving board. On about the fifteenth jump I must have been kicking too hard as I was towing him to the side or something and pulled the muscle. Oh yeah, I also foolishly didn't apply any sunscreen thinking it 'wasn't that hot out'. One day I'll learn.

So after getting back home, cleaning up and having some lunch, we had the kids take a nap. After everyone got up from their nap, we went bowling. Quinn had a lot of fun bowling last weekend and has been asking to go again. I had promised him at the beginning of the week we would try and go this weekend. You know, it's one of those things where you agree to it at the time thinking, he'll forget about his, I'm sure of it. Then he doesn't forget and you're like, "Oh yea, I did promise, didn't I?"

The good news is I got to see the kids bowling since I had missed it last weekend. The bad news is we went later than the group went last week, so there were some smokers in the building (they were 5 lanes away, but I could still smell it). Makes me wish Virginia would pass some of that Maryland like legislation and not allow smoking in restaurants or bowling alleys (or really any public indoor area). Probably will never happen as long as all the tobacco companies are located within Virginia though. But I digress, Quinn did really good and managed to break 100 (although a couple of times he made 'strategic' use of the bumpers). Catherine used the ramp thing, but was still only able to get in the low 70s. I'm apparently pretty rusty from not being on a league for several years now and left an easy 6-10 pickup open in the 8th (I should have used the bumpers), so I finished below what my last average in a league was. I will say around the 6th or 7th frame they decided to lower huge screens across the alleys to show some really kid inappropriate music videos (the lowered screens were also a bit distracting, so maybe I'll blame my open in the 8th on that).

Finally, for tonight's blast from the past, I still haven't gotten the scanner hooked up (it's a scsi, so I need to actually install a card rather than just plug it in). So tonight will have to be another picture of a picture. I think this is of the group down at Hatteras after graduation. Ginger would know for sure, I have no clue since I wasn't there (note to self: ask Ginger why I'm posting pictures where I wasn't even around).

1 comment:

Barry said...

I would say a 188 after not bowling for a few years is pretty good.