Monday, July 24, 2006

Baby Birds


If you remember we had a rabbit visiting us not too long ago. There was a local bird that was somewhat agitated that the rabbit was around. I was never sure why since I didn't really think birds and rabbits were natural enemies. Turns out the bird has a nest in the bush in front of our house. It appears that there are at least two smaller birds in there that have already hatched. As I was taking the picture I kept looking over my shoulder afraid the parental bird was going to be dive bombing me.

Since my Mom is up, that allowed Ginger and I to have lunch together today sans kids. We went to Tijauna Flats, which is the restaurant I went to last week with Ken and Clara. Ginger found out that they claim not to use nuts or peanut oil (some vegetable oils contain peanuts since peanuts are apparently vegetables) in their cooking, so we may be able to take Catherine there in the future. Always good to have another potential dining place with the kids.

Speaking of the kids, they basically played almost all day with Nana. Whether it was riding bikes or playing some form of sport outside. When I came home I did some gardening work by getting rid of some weeds in the area in front of the house. Catherine actually got out some gardening gloves and helped me pull up weeds. After that I played some with Quinn. The heat was pretty brutal so that even after only playing outside with the kids for a half an hour or so I was coated in sweat. Since I didn't take kid pictures today, I grabbed these from Nana's camera.



3 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

So has the house beside you sold yet? I don't see the for sale sign in the picture but your awesome pitching form may be blocking the sign.

:-)

JamesF said...

It's still on the market.

Buddy Tignor said...

Looks like you have a budding horticulturalist on your hands there.