Saturday, July 15, 2006

Beach Fun Day 6: The Final Chapter




Today we started a bit later than yesterday, but we still spent a good while at the beach. Quinn 'fished' again. Although once we were there we discovered the new bobber we had bought had broke. This was probably from him and the other kids fishing in the house. For some reason I didn't bring all the new ones to the beach with me, so I had to bike back home and get the bobbers. Then once Quinn got bored with fishing, he wanted to play baseball, which I had also forgotten and left at the house, so I biked back again (trying to get my exercise in today obviously). Catherine did her normal routine of digging and playing at the very edge of the waves. Today also marked the only day I seriously went into the water. I eventually took Quinn out there with me to let him 'ride the waves' as they came.


After that we all came home and washed off all the sand and played in the pool. Catherine was doing really well at swimming today. I'm really impressed with how competent she is. She's like a little fish. And Quinn is doing better at being able to tread water. I still have a hard time calling it treading water since it's more like flailing around for 12 seconds before he eventually sinks. But still, he's able to sustain himself for a while, which makes me feel that much more secure about him being in the water and not needing to have me be near him every second.








After lunch we spent a lot of time getting all of our stuff ready to leave. Then we drove up to the Currituck lighthouse up in Corolla. I was able to get some pretty decent pictures I think. Mind you, nothing spectacular, but the sun was setting so the light was nice and warm.


Finally after we returned to the beach house and finished packing, I snuck out to try and get a sunset shot. No luck though, the cloud cover to the north and west prevented me from getting anything. Once we finally left, the kids fell asleep not too long after we dropped off the house keys. The ride back was long, especially since we had to stop in Richmond and pick up Ginger's keys (funny story there). We finally got home around 2 AM after an exhausting day. And I can only question why am I still up writing this?

1 comment:

Scott said...

Greetings from Iceland!