Friday, June 30, 2006

Where Is Everyone?

Our visitor was back in the front yard again this morning. I guess the grass is especially tasty there or something. And even though there was more light, since I was using the sigma lens, he still came out a bit out of focus. It may be my hand just isn't steady enough to take a picture with that zoom lens at 1/60th of a sec. He didn't stick around long since he had taken off by the time I took the camera back inside and was leaving for work. And speaking of work, it was dead in the office today. Walking down the halls, you would see about three empty offices for every one that had someone in it. Everyone seems to have decided to take today and Monday off for an extra long break.

I went in a little earlier than normal so that I could leave early this afternoon. I got to watch the kids while Ginger went and attended an advanced stamping class (I'm not sure if advanced means spending even more money). I would show pictures of what she made, but you only get the feel for them if you see them in motion. It's hard to explain (maybe I'll shoot a 15 second video tomorrow). When I got home around five thirty everyone was just heading over to the pool. So after I changed I went over and swapped roles with Ginger so she could leave. We stayed at the pool for a while, and ended up coming home around seven. After the kids got a bath we all headed out to Wendy's for dinner and then it was home and into bed (by this time it was almost nine thirty). Quinn was on edge most of the day, every little thing was setting him off. We're hoping it's just because he's tired because I can't imagine getting through this coming long weekend with him acting like that.

Since everyone else is hopping on the old picture bandwagon (see Cheryl, John and Curt's posts for more details) Ginger figured we should put some up too. So she went through and picked out a batch of pictures. My problem has been getting them from picture form onto the computer. Our scanner isn't hooked up, so I tried just taking a picture of the pictures, but that didn't go so well. So I'll post some of the pictures over the next couple of days as I try and get the scanner operational again and get them onto the computer in a decent form. For now I'll go ahead and post one of the pictures of a picture though, sorry if it's a but on the fuzzy side. This was taken by Cheryl at UVA. I really like how it turned out, and I remember back in the day saying we could start our own drama series akin to 90210 or something and use this picture as the pitch for it.

1 comment:

BullBunky said...

Oh man. I like that one. Had forgotten about it!!