Monday, July 17, 2006

Back To The Grind

Had to go back to work today. I know this sounds crazy, but several years ago, if I didn't go to work for a while, I would be excited about going back. I really liked what I was doing. I'm not sure when that changed, but I was more or less dreading heading back in today. I really wouldn't have minded my vacation going on for another couple of weeks. Ginger didn't seem to have that problem though and got right back into the swing of things and took the kids to the library to return books and check out some new ones.

Meanwhile I eventually made it through the day, and when I did come home Ginger and the kids were at the pool. So I went and joined them for a half an hour or so. The water wasn't even remotely cold. I suppose that had something to do with the temperature almost getting to triple digits here today. Once the boards were open I hung out in the deep end while Quinn and Catherine took turns jumping off the diving boards. We did that right up until it was time for adult swim, at which point we headed home for dinner.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Maybe you need an extended sabbatical; I highly recommend it :)