Friday, July 07, 2006

Bocce Ball

I had wanted to leave work early tonight so I could come home and pack, but that wasn't meant to be. I was there much later than I wanted to be going over requirements analysis. If there's anything out there more tedious than that, I have yet to run across it. I've taken more pleasure from watching paint dry. Luckily I had listed out everything I wanted to pack, so it didn't take too long to get everything together once I could actually devote some time to the task. The hardest part was actually finding some of the items on the list. I know, I know, you're thinking, but you're so organized, how could finding anything be problematic?


These are actually photos from last night. Tonight I didn't have time for pictures. But last night Quinn and I went outside and played baseball. That is until Catherine got up. Then Ginger and Catherine brought out of the new game so that everyone could open it up. Ginger bought them a Bocce Ball set. They never really mastered the fine art of playing by the rules. But they really liked throwing the balls. So far I like the game, if for no other reason that some of the 'taken out of context' comments that are generated. Like Ginger talking to Quinn about playing with his balls. Pure comedy gold I tell you.


As everyone knows, we've gotten a ton of rain recently. Which has resulted in some pretty large mushrooms growing in the neighbors yard. I think he must be cultivating them, because when he cut his yard, he deliberately cut around them so he wouldn't cut the mushrooms. At this poin, I think they're past their prime since they withered a bit in the recent 'dry spell' (dry spell in this case referring to two days without rain).


And finally, tonight we have another flashback picture. This one I believe is from our road trip down to Georgia. I'm not positive why we went. I think it may have been to see Paul McCartney in concert (how said is it that I'm so old I don't remember this stuff). Anyway, we took this shot during some random stop on the way there I believe.

No comments: