Sunday, June 11, 2006

All Alone Again


So after I put up the pictures of the bushes out front I noticed that Ginger had made one of the pictures her background image on her computer. Evidently hydrangea are some of her favorites. I'm fairly positive she has probably mentioned this multiple times in the past and I've just never effectively retained the information. Anyway, after we got home from church I decided to try and take a few more pictures of them because of that. And to be honest, I'll probably be snapping more throughout the week. So rather than just get some side shots like I did before, I decided to break out a ladder so I could get shots from above.

At some point I left the ladder unattended for maybe 30 seconds. When I returned, Quinn had already climbed up and Catherine was trying to climb the other side. Eventually I got them to stop trying to climb it at the same time and take turns. Quinn then had this idea that he would take the racquet from the swingball set up and hit balls while he was up there. He actually did a pretty good job of hitting them. I kept worrying I would throw a 'wild pitch' and he would lunge and fall off trying to get it, but luckily that never happened.


Once I finally able to get the kids off the ladder long for long enough, I put it away. Then Quinn decided we were going to play 'tennis' with one of his tee balls. And he did pretty good at that too. Even so, I don't think we ever had a rally longer than 4 hits.


While I was out playing with the kids, Ginger was inside packing up all their stuff for their trip to Grammy and Pop pop's for the week. You know, basically being the responsible parent (of the two of us, she's much more qualified at being the responsible one). They took off for Richmond around at close to four. I heard later from Ginger that Catherine got a little car sick on the ride down and tossed her cookies about halfway there. When Ginger was telling me about it I made the mistake of asking what did she eat that would have made her sick, to which Ginger answered "I can tell you exactly what she ate" and quickly realized that was the wrong question to ask. The good news is that according to Ginger Catherine was completely fine after that.

No comments: