Monday, June 19, 2006

Let's All Go To The Movies...


We had some unexpected rain storms today. Which is good since it's been dry here for a while now and this will keep the yard from completely drying up and dying. I left work early so that Quinn could take me to see Cars. And can I just say $7 for a matinee? Even for kids? WTF? Movie prices are now completely insane. Ok, enough about the cost. The movie really does advance the animation side of things. There are literally scenes where you forget this is a CGI animated movie. There are some simply fantastic landscape shots. I wasn't overly thrilled with the story. When I started thinking about why, I think it's because most of the previous Pixar movies are buddy movies, whereas this one is simply a journey of one character's self discovery. That's not to say there aren't a host of entertaining supporting cast characters, some of which are brilliant. George Carlin's underused character comes to mind, although I didn't know it was Carlin until the credits and throughout the movie thought it had to be Tommy Chong. Speaking of, don't leave when the credits are rolling. While I wasn't wow'ed with the story as a whole, the credits had me laughing hysterically. And there's a scene all the way at the end, so stay in your seats. Overall a fun movie. Not the best Pixar movie I've ever seen, but still better than any other company's computer animated attempts (I'm looking at you Doogal).

So Ginger was quite busy today completely rearranging the house, cleaning and painting. Because of her we finally have the wall in the dining room painted. I included the shot of the room below. The flash really brings out the two tones, it's nowhere near that noticeable in the room under normal lighting conditions. So now it's one wall down, three to go.


Oh yea, and if you haven't been over to John's blog and seen some of his vacation pictures, you really owe it to yourself to go check them out. There's some really good stuff there.

3 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

Try living in NYC. No matinee prices. $10-$11 per ticket, every ticket, all day long.

Scott said...

That dining room looks REALLY nice.

BullBunky said...

Well, thanks for the plug (and the kudos), James.

Jeff and I have stopped going to the theatre altogether. I can tell that I'm becoming a hermit. I like the peace and quiet of watching a movie in our home on our terms. And since I feel that society is basically becoming ruder every day, I really have written off the theatre as a place where I can interact with people.