Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Please, No More Hot Dogs And Hamburger

If you'll remember from our mini Tech reunion, we cooked a bunch of hot dogs (twenty-eight in fact) and Hamburgers (around twenty). Less than half of those were eaten on Saturday. So since then I've been eating them. Hot dogs for lunch four days in a row (with a couple more days in sight) and hamburgers for dinner for the past three days can really start to wear on you.

Meanwhile back here on the homestead Ginger took the kids out to the pet store. Today's mission (since they choose to accept it) was to get supplies for Quinn's fish tank. They picked up a filter and some gravel. There was evidently some excitement upon leaving PetsMart where a fire truck and an ambulance showed up (I got to hear all about that once I got home). When I did get home Quinn was working very hard cleaning up the tank and the table it is destined to eventually sit on. I never quite got the name of the type of fish he wanted, but he's got a couple already in mind. Considering I used to have fish all the way back in college and how much I enjoyed them, I think it's pretty cool that he's taking an interest in them also. The thing I'm not looking forward to is all the cleaning, because I do remember how annoying that was to do on a regular basis. While Quinn was cleaning and stuff, Catherine was downstairs playing with her kitchen stuff and her Polly Pocket toys.

Since it's been a while since I've actually gotten pictures of the kids, I took some time trying to get some shots. As Cheryl will tell you, this means I took like 50 shots per kid and got one or two that I really liked (I love digital pictures since it means not paying for every shot you take). I think I got a couple good ones, I'll let you folks judge. Oh yea, and I took a couple of pictures of the other newly bloomed hydrangea bush.











4 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

I actually went out and bought hot dogs when we got home because I didn't get enough at the reunion.

I should have packed some into Loren's bottle bag for the trip home.

Scott said...

Excellent photos... esp. the first one of Quinn.

Scott said...

Man, I gotta buy your camera.

BullBunky said...

Is this the same Curt who reminded me how just ONE of the Hebrew National hotdogs I bought in Falls Church equaled a whole tub of his Healthy Choice frozen yogurt!!

Wonderful pictures of the kids, fyi. The first one of Katherine is my fav.