Monday, June 05, 2006

The First School Day Of No School

Today started with Quinn asking if today was a school day. When we explained that it was Monday, but school was out for the summer, it took him a while to catch on since in the past we've always told him that Monday thru Friday were school days and on the weekend he didn't have school. So in his mind, Monday was a school day. Once he caught on though he was all for the idea of no school.

I'm not sure I heard everything Ginger and the kids did today, but I got a report that they went to the library. I've also seen a bunch of new books here at the house also, so it looks like they found a few to bring home. When I got home everyone was already having dinner. The reason I learned later for the early dinner was we would be going on a walk after dinner. And by going for a walk that meant Ginger and I walked and the kids rode their bikes to the park. Bike riding is a two adult job if you're taking both kids since their speeds are so drastically different. After getting to the park and swinging for a bit, we all headed home. Quinn pulled way ahead of me on a downhill on the way home and ended up riding out into the street. He apparently forgot he could brake by pressing backwards on the pedals and used the wrong handbrake to try and stop. Luckily no cars were coming and a passing neighbor helped him back onto the sidewalk until I could get there. Guess next time I'll have to actually run along beside him instead of just walking and keeping him in sight.


I took the shot up above on the way to the park. I'm pretty sure there's a decent black and white shot in there somewhere. Just as I'm equally sure what I posted up there isn't it. At some point I need to read up on tips for converting photos to black and white.

So Google video seems to have really slimmed down their approval / verification process. These days it's rare for me to have a video take longer than a day to get approved, even when I upload on a weekend. As such, I have some video of the kids at the company picnic running the obstacle course and testing their throwing speed.


Yellow Ball Obstacle Course From Baseball Game

1 comment:

Scott said...

I think for a good B&W you need more contrast. Darker blacks, whiter whites.