Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's Eve Wrap-up

Ok, New Year's Eve wrap-up. We finished watching "50 First Dates" at about 11:51 PM. So we started channel flipping as the 'big' moment approached. We started out on NBC with Carson Daly and Wanda Sykes. Here's the deal, I've liked Wanda on the Daily Show, but having her host the New Year's eve stuff was a mistake I think. Her schtick just wasn't working for me. Seemed completely out of place. So we switched channels, to the perennial favorite, Dick Clark. We were there till we saw him. Man, I know it's tradition, but still, he was not ready to be doing this. I have tons of respect for Dick, really I do (mind out of the gutters you pervs), but there was no way he should have been in front of the camera hosting. I really hope he waits till he's fully recovered before he attempts it again, or maybe it's just time to pass the torch. So we ended up watching Regis over on FOX. I have to admit, Regis was a great choice on FOX's part. Who doesn't like Regis. He's perfect for this type of this type of event since he always seems so enthusiastic. I have no idea who his co-host was, but after midnight when she started pimping shows she was going to be in, I decided FOX had used their moment of glory and had reverted back to the crap I expect from them. So FOX, stick with Regis, get him a better co-host, and we'll probably be back there next year.

No comments: