Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Feels like Monday

Since today is the first day I've gone to work down here in VA, it feels like it's a Monday. Today started off pretty crappy. I woke up with a massive headache. Felt like a sinus headache since my nose was somewhat clogged (although I'm not showing any symptoms of being sick). Maybe like the kids I'm actually somewhat allergic to the cats and being reintroduced to them sent my system for a shock. Anyway between that and not feeling too well, the day didn't start off too great. When I got to work I enlisted some help and started looking into potential interprocess communication techniques for an embedded single board computer running linux. Since I don't need timing down to the microsecond level, we decided that simply running separate processes and communicating via pipes or sockets would probably be sufficient.

I came home to see the kids for lunch since Ginger had called and said Catherine had requested my presence. That was apparently a momentary whim since when I got home Catherine was playing her handheld V.Smile game. Quinn was busy watching her play, so neither could break themselves away to come say hello. Can you feel the love? I had leftovers and soup for lunch then headed back to work. Was stuck in a meeting for a couple of hours where I managed to get rid of one of the software components I was in charge of (I've only been technically managing it lately and had done very little real work in it recently, so it made sense to hand it off to someone else).

Afterwards I gave Ben a ride to Craven Tire to pick up his car. I forgot to ask him if they found a ton of things wrong with his car also. As a side note, Ben has turned in his resignation at work as of last week. Kind of a bummer. You hate to lose the good ones.

Quinn had literally just woken up when I got home (he hadn't even made it downstairs yet, just been up long enough to use the restroom). He had a pretty bad case of bed head, but I didn't think to get a picture of it which is a shame. Ginger had a migraine, so I watched Quinn while she went upstairs to rest for a bit. Once Catherine got up we had dinner. I heated up some chicken nuggets for Quinn. Catherine had some yogurt. And I made some pancakes for them also. Ginger had some leftover pizza. I had some leftover tuna that was in fridge (at least I think it was tuna). I have no idea when it was put in there, but I'm hoping Nana left it there over the weekend, otherwise I'm probably going to be hurting pretty bad tomorrow since Ginger didn't recognize it either. Catherine posed for me showing off her new shoes. I assume these are toy type shoes. They look like flats, but the height makes walking a bit difficult for her. She seems to like wearing them and likes showing them off.

Quinn and Ginger both seem to be showing some signs of catching some form of cold. I suspect it's just a matter of time before Catherine and I end up with whatever this is.

Got a *lot* of TV to catch up on from the past couple of nights, and it looks like there is some from tonight we have to watch also. Had to wait for Catherine to actually get to sleep before we could start watching. She used to be really easy to put to bed, just drop her in her bed and leave and you were done. Lately though she's been not going to sleep, getting up and wandering around the house (which if she sees you, she runs back into her room and slams the door as if you won't know it was her). Not sure what to do about that. Hopefully it's just a phase. Ginger managed to watch "Gilmore Girls". Then we teamed up to watch "How I Met Your Mother," "Two and a Half Men," and both of this week's "Scrubs." Didn't manage to get to Lost yet. We didn't bother taping the Lost that came on at eight. I'm hoping it was another retelling of everything so far. If anyone watched it, did it have anything new? We have the later one Tivo'ed so we'll probably get to that tomorrow night.

Saw this posted over on Marvel.com accompanying this article, I seriously hope this is some kind of sick joke. Realistically though since the Spider-Man 3 movie is coming out next year, this costume change can only be temporary since I know the movie will have the traditional duds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first hour of Lost was a recap of *everything* that has happened to date. It was good for me cuz I had missed some episodes while traveling.

I'm glad to hear that other mature women also watch Gilmore Girls. It's my favorite show, although I worry that it may be "jumping the shark" with the Luke/daughter twist.