Saturday, January 28, 2006

Long Day

Did a lot today, or at least so it seemed. I slept in initially. When I finally got up, the kids were watching an episode of Little Einsteins for the second time.

After everyone got dressed, we all went out to eat at Red Robin. Deciding on that was a chore though. Originally we had planned on doing something with Rob and Gretchen today, but we never heard from them. After we called to verify they were indeed going to be busy all day, we changed plans. Quinn wanted popcorn chicken (KFC) for lunch and Catherine wanted pizza (Pizza Hut). So we were going to get takeout, but at some point Quinn changed his mind and decided he wanted "M" fries. I had no idea what those were, but I thought they were waffle fries. Ginger convinced me they were crinkle fries though. Not knowing where to get those, we sort of wandered for a bit and finally decided to go Red Robin. After a tasty lunch I decided to deviate from our plan of going to store to run some errands. It was in the 60s here today, so I figured with it being that nice the kids should be able to get outside and play for a bit. So I drove us up to a park I know about up in Reston behind the Home Depot (it's a long drive, but it was a pretty nice playground). I really wish I had brought my camera, but since it was spur of the moment I was sans cameras. I did get to see Catherine do some pretty impressive jumps between elevated platforms. At least I thought it was impressive stuff for a not quite three year old.

After the kids played for just over an hour at the park, we headed home. First though we stopped at the grocery store (at which we showed Quinn several different types of french fries and found out that "M" fries are actually waffle fries) and then after the grocery store we stopped and did the errands we had planned for earlier. At this point it was pretty obvious the kids were tired, so we came home and had a snack (ok, I had dinner, the kids just had a snack). Ginger made us homemade milkshakes as well. After that the kids went to bed (probably around seven thirty), and Ginger and I watched a ton of TV. We watched Lost (which wasn't even close to one of their better episodes), "My Name is Earl" from the past two weeks, and then I watched the last two weeks of "The Office". I think Ginger watched "What I Like About You" and one of those "Law & Order" shows episode.

No comments: