Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve

Today started late for me. Ginger let me sleep in till 10:30. I was up late last night playing video games (City of Heroes). I may have to start curtailing that behavior if I want to get any sleep. Once I was up, I took off to Home Depot to get some more flexible pipe stuff to replace the bendy pipes on the other leaky faucet and the I figured I would replace the other two just for good measure since 50% of the old ones were leaking. The wall in the laundry room is still a bit dampish, but drying up pretty well. Anyone out there an expert on this stuff? Since it got soaked, do we need to actually replace that part of the drywall? Or can we just let it dry and paint over it? Enquiring minds want to know.

After that I went by multiple Giant stores to get our Low Acid Tropicanna Orange Juice (one store was out), and then I stopped by Craven Auto to have them come get my car. Unfortunately those guys at Craven apparently feel they need to enjoy the holidays and were closed. So my car's probably not getting fixed till Monday or Tuesday at the earliest.

Not much else exciting happening. After nap Quinn spent his time either playing Air Hockey or playing Mario Sunshine (he really likes Mario Sunshine, but hasn't quite got the hang of all the different moves yet). Catherine watched Quinn play once she got up (I think he almost shared playtime with her at one point, but then didn't).

Ginger made us chocolate chip cookies again tonight. Man, I love those things, but they're killing my waist line. I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful New Years. We'll be celebrating by just hanging out here at the house (Ginger's upstairs watching "50 First Dates" while I'm writing this). And no, we didn't let the kids stay up, we need for Catherine to get on her correct sleeping schedule in preparation for her first week at school.

No comments: