Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Hump Day

Quinn came and work me up this morning. He wanted me to give him his bath because, and I kid you not, he said he didn't want his Mom to see him naked. I think it was a stall tactic personally, but it got me up. After I gave him his bath and got him dried off and dressed, I sent him downstairs and then I showered and dressed myself. By the time I got downstairs it was time for the kids to leave for school. Apparently since I got downstairs late I missed the fact that Catherine was showing some anxiety this morning about going to school. So when she ignored me when I called her five times to come get in the car I yelled at her and she had this huge meltdown. Ginger then told me that while I was upstairs Catherine had been saying she didn't want to go to school and wanted to stay at home with me (please, pass the salt so I can pour it in this open wound). She eventually calmed down a bit and everyone got in the car and took off. Catherine was feeling a little better as they were leaving (I think) since she played the hands on the window game with me as they were leaving. I 'pushed' the car up the driveway and out into the culdesac and they took off.

I had to conduct a phone interview today. I've decided I'm not really a big fan of over the phone interviews since I think they end up lacking something. It's harder to accurately judge some things over the phone. After that I went home for lunch to see the kids. Catherine was over whatever mood she had been in earlier by the time I got home, although Ginger said when she picked her up from school she threw three consecutive fits in the seven minutes it took to drive to the store (if it was me, I would have thought that was probably just one long fit with some downtime for catching her breath in there, but Ginger was there, so I trust her interpretation). Ginger also said she was in a much better mood once she had eaten something. Maybe she's like me, I can be a bit of a grouch (understatement?) if I'm overly hungry and / or tired. When I got to the house for lunch though, both kids were bouncing all over the furniture sporting their new ski goggles they got for Christmas.

Work was interesting as things keep getting busier and busier it seems. I got a reminder at around five today for a meeting tomorrow morning from nine to four that I had never gotten the original invite for, so that required some last minute calendar clearing. Still scheduled to head up to PA for two days next week, although since there are three of us going now, apparently I'm not driving (something about not being able to get the third person in the car with the car seat and various junk in the back seat).

Got home at just before seven. The Diana Krall and Enya CDs we ordered from Amazon showed up (thank you Border's Books). Played some air hockey with Quinn. He's getting a lot better about not using his hands. Of course, he's also gotten a lot worse about actually changing your score if you get goal, so strangely he keeps winning (although the games are last longer). Dinner was pasta, carrot souffle and some toast with some weird toppings on it that Quinn had evidently helped fixed. The topping were red, so I was utterly amazed when Quinn actually ate an entire piece of the bread. Didn't see that one coming. After dinner I played a bit of "Super Monkey Ball" with the kids in the dining room (which ends up being just us running around the table till they get so dizzy they start wiping out). Not much on TV tonight worth watching, although I did watch an old episode of Boondocks that I missed. I think Ginger watch Law & Order. I say think since when I went upstairs earlier she was actually reading a book, possibly her new one from Amazon, while the TV was on.

No comments: