Sunday, January 22, 2006

Super Fork

Once everyone was up this morning and had some breakfast, we headed off to church. After church we stopped by Safeway to practically clean them out of the Nouriche drinkable yogurt / smoothie things. Ginger says the kids go through about four of those a day. Then we went to KFC for lunch. That was Quinn's idea (he likes their popcorn chicken). I dropped everyone off so they could get lunch and I ran errands by going to CVS to pick up some prescriptions for Catherine and then I went by Giant to get some Milk. Once I got back to KFC I mooched leftovers off other people's lunches.



After lunch we headed down to Clifton to the Caboose. This was also a chance for Ginger to stop the toy store there and look for some stuff for Catherine's birthday next month. We had Nana with us, and this was the first time she had actually been to the Caboose, so the kids showed her all around it. We stayed a bit longer than I would have liked considering the temperature was back to mid 40s versus the past couple of days which have been oddly warmer than normal temperatures.

Once we got back home, the kids played for a little bit while I messed around trying to actually figure out my camera. I've had the thing for over a year, I think it's about time I start reading up on how to actually use it. After the kids played for a bit, they took their naps. I decided to forgo TV and napped today while the kids napped. Figured I could use the rest. Although I ended up waking up when Quinn got up (I could hear him whispering on the monitor when he woke up). Quinn and Nana went downstairs to play some video games (Mario Kart Double Dash) and I lounged around and watched some more Daily Show Interviews and Colbert Reports. I think I have 6 more to go before I'm completely caught up.

After Catherine got up, we started getting dinner ready. Ginger decided that we would be grilling out tonight. So once I cleaned the grill and fired it up, I cooked steaks and hot dogs. I managed to cook the steaks more than I intended. They ended up being well done (I blame the fact that it's dark outside and I can't actually see what I'm doing). I got in trouble during dinner. One of the rules we have is no toys at the dinner table, so when I took a fork and started whistling the Superman theme song and flying it around peoples plates, that apparently crossed the line and I got my fork taken away. After dinner we put the kids to bed, and I finished watching the Colbert Report I had been watching earlier and Ginger played some Mah Jong on Yahoo games. We eventually watched Desperate Housewives. We both think the quality of the show has declined and we're getting really close to dropping it from the Tivo's season pass. Ginger and my Mom then watched Grey's Anatomy while I did some laundry (and no, I'm not watching Grey's Anatomy yet, although everyone I've talked too that watches it says nothing but good stuff about it).

No comments: