Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's Day

I didn't get much accomplished today. We went to church this morning. Attendance was sparse at best. Although services started about 15 minutes late, and by then all the late stragglers (which included us) made it in, so once things started, it was at about half of what the usual attendance is. Ginger almost ended up starting her supervising the toddlers class a week early. When we went to drop off Catherine, no teachers were present. Another parent and Ginger volunteered to stick around till the teacher showed up (which they eventually did). Ginger has actually signed up to run the toddlers class (actually, she was ambushed and asked to do it, but she agreed) and her first time is next week.

After church we stopped by "Old McDonald's" to pick up some lunch. Once again Quinn barely ate anything except his fries. This was sort of a test. We haven't eaten there for a while, and this was to see if getting food there would improve his eating habits. Sorry to say it didn't.

After lunch Catherine watched a Ewe Know video. It's basically Veggie Tales, but with much lower production values, but Catherine loves the theme songs and songs in the episodes. We had watched Lord of the Beans the day before, so this was just for a change of pace.

I don't know why, but when I was trying to take Catherine's picture, she kept making this face. Ok, ok, after she did it a couple times, I actually encouraged her to do it some more for more photos since my digital camera was in some weird mode and I missed the first couple of shots. After that I went downstairs and got this shot of Quinn playing Mario Sunshine. Take a good look, because that's the last time he'll be playing that for a couple of weeks. Turns out he was downstairs with me while Catherine was watching her video and wanted to play, so I told him to go ask his Mom if it was okay with her. He went upstairs, came back down and told me she said yes he could play. Later when I go upstairs, I get a completely different version of the story from Ginger, turns out she had told him no he couldn't. So he's now sans video games for two weeks for flat out lying.

After we put the kids to bed, Ginger and I watched an episode of Alias that she had taped that has the 'return' of Vaughn. Watching it made me realize why I don't watch that show anymore.

As for me now, I'm off to take some migraine medicine since I'm starting to see spots that are usually a precursor to my migraines. Although I suppose I could hold off since I am about to go to sleep. Not really sure what I've eaten now that would have set this off, except for maybe the food from McDonald's (although I saw the Coke Zero ad in Time Square on TV last night as the ball was dropping and thought to myself it had been a while since I've had a migraine).

No comments: