Friday, January 20, 2006

I Wish Stamping Only Cost 39 Cents

Today was unseasonably warm (I'm sure it has nothing to do with global warming). So Ginger took the kids on a walk again. The kids found more 'clues'. Still don't know what the ultimate end to this mystery is. But this time they recorded their clues by taking pictures. There were a lot of pictures of clues, but they all appear to be related to flaws in cement. They raced the mailman and won (they ran past him as he had to stop to deliver letters) on their way to the basketball court, where they played some more pretend basketball.

The wall in the cubby downstairs had been painted it appears. So some progress on the state of the repairs in the house is occurring. I learned today at work that I'll probably be heading up to PA again next week, but this time hopefully for only a day. And today was Ben's last day at work, so I signed his card with "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Ginger went to one of her stamping event things tonight. Think of it as poker night for the girls where they get to spend money on stuff as well as chit chat and make cards.
I got home around 6 the kids were just finishing up dinner and then Ginger left at around 6:30. The kids didn't nap today, so they went to bed a little early (around 7:30, we watched "Little Einsteins" before they went to bed). I had invited Ben over tonight, and had originally planned on inviting Rob and his kids over too (since I knew Gretchen was going to the stamping thing also), but once I remembered that the kids hadn't napped, I didn't feel I could invite them over since I knew Quinn and Catherine were going to be going to be early. Ben was doing a ton of last minute before you leave work forever things, so he didn't leave work till a little after 7:30 (I found this amusing since earlier in the day around 11 he had said he was going to cut out early around 3 or 4). We ordered pizza for Ben, and I had some leftovers. We watched "The Last Samurai." I thought it was okay, seemed a little hokey in some places though and was pretty slow in some places also (and it was a longer movie at two and a half hours, so seeming slow and being long never go together well). Ginger got home around 12 I got to see the cards she made tonight (they look nice).

No comments: