Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's a Clue!

Today was Ben's going away lunch at work. His last day is actually tomorrow, but they had his lunch today (there's some IT lunch thing at work tomorrow that they didn't want to force people to choose between the two). Unfortunately Ben's going away lunch conflicted with Clara's birthday lunch. I figure I'll still see Ben in the future even though he isn't working with us anymore, so I opted to go to Clara's luncheon. And I hear Ben had a massive number of people attend, close to 30 or something, so I would have been lost in the crowd anyway. Although Ben's lunch was at Olive Garden, so I missed out on my chance for 4 bowls of soup and a take home dinner. I almost managed to miss Clara's lunch by having an impromptu meeting in my office that ran till almost 12. Clara's lunch was fun, except for people kept talking about Lost, so I kept hearing bits and pieces of spoilers.

We had the handy dudes out once again working on the deck. And apparently the consensus is that we don't have to rip out the drywall in the laundry room to replace the insulation because the prevailing theory is something about it not being that wet or because the insulation is fiberglass it's not a big deal that it got wet. I didn't understand, but if someone's turning down money to do the job, then maybe it really doesn't need to be done (or the time and effort would be more than they would get, but I'm hoping it's not that).

The weather was nice today, so Ginger took the kids on a walk around the neighborhood today. From what I hear they spent a lot of time on the trip 'looking for clues'. Apparently they've read some of the "Nate the Great" books now so while they were out whenever they see a footprint or a piece of concrete that's broken off they decide that's a clue. A clue to what, we don't know, but a clue none the less. Quinn tells me that they walked all the way to the pool. And that the pool was mostly empty, but had yucky stuff in the bottom. Oh and apparently they played basketball. I have no idea if they were on a real basketball court or not (I do know they didn't actually have a ball, so I assume this was all pretend), but I hear Catherine made a basket.

Once again when I got home Quinn was up, but Catherine was still asleep. Quinn talked me into playing some foozball, but he quit after a couple of points when I wouldn't just let him. We're really starting to have a problem with Quinn feeling he always needs to win. Right before dinner he had a minor meltdown because we wouldn't let him push Catherine out of the way in the bathroom so he could be the first one to finish washing his hands. As of right now, it's not too bad, because Catherine doesn't seem to care as much as he does about winning (must be a boy thing), but once she starts caring too, I can tell there's going to be trouble.

Once the kiddies were asleep Ginger and I watched "CSI" and "Without a Trace". After that Ginger headed to bed and I watched "Lost".

1 comment:

Barry said...

I had a similar story from a contractor for our ceiling that had a leak from the flat roof above it. I wanted to them to replace all the insulation. Like your guys they said it wasn't wet or in bad condition, so they just patched the dry wall. I'm not completely sold, but I figure if there is mold growing, it's now trapped by the new drywall and paint. It will take awhile before the mold grows such that it can become airborne in hte house and you'll notice then. I'll update in 3 years and let you know what happens.