Sunday, January 29, 2006

Wasted Day

I got up with the kids. It was a good morning for me considering they slept until after eight. Once we were up we came downstairs and had some breakfast (Corn Pop cereal for both kids and an omelet for Catherine). We ended up watching a couple of episodes of Little Einsteins. I took some pictures of the kids while they were watching. I really have no idea why Catherine was trying to eat her sock, but she was. And you can tell from the picture of Quinn that even though he slept late, he was still really tired (poor guy has dark circles under his eyes). Ginger wasn't feeling too good today and she slept in pretty late (really late for her), so we ended up skipping church. Once Ginger was up the kids took a bath and we had some lunch. After that both kids watched an episode of Veggie Tales (although they couldn't agree on which one they wanted to watch, so Quinn watched an episode downstairs and Catherine watched one up in our bedroom).

We were pretty unmotivated today. Between the rain earlier in the day and Ginger not feeling too great, we never even left the house. While the kids napped, I worked on editing a video of the kids. I'm still not finished. It's crazy, I've probably spent close to 8 hours on this thing total so far. I had no idea it was so time consuming to do even little things. Apparently putting up a video onto the web is easy. Adding in some special effects and what not is apparently time consuming. It's probably really simple and I'm just not well versed in how to do it yet. I suspect I may actually finish the editing completely tomorrow and then I'll post it once I put it up on google and they approve it. I may need to try and compress it some more, last time I created the movie file as a rough draft it was close to 23 megs (for under 3 minutes of video).

The following pictures were drawn by Catherine when we were at lunch at Red Robin yesterday. I decided I had to share these.


I think Catherine must believe her dad is Ross Perot.


No comments: