Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm Back

I'm back and I'm tired.

Got up at 5 AM on Monday to get ready for my trip to PA. Might now have been so bad had I gotten to sleep before 12:30 the night before. Anyway, after the three and half hour car ride we got to sit around and once again go over schedules for eight hours. Fun stuff.

We checked into the hotel at around 6:30 PM on Monday and I napped for half an hour before we all went out to dinner at Titlow's Tavern & Grille (and no, it's not a strip joint or a brothel or anything). Pretty good food. I love their Seafood Chowder.

I crashed pretty quick after we got back to the hotel. From the report I got from Ginger the weather in Northern VA was really nice and warm on Monday. Ginger said Catherine did really well at school. When she went to pick the kids up both of them were playing together on the playground. They came over to Ginger holding hands so they seem to be getting along with each other while at school. With the weather so nice they got to play some outside once they got home.

Today we left the hotel at 8:15 AM. Since we were waiting on more people coming up from VA today, we went over some more schedule stuff before they got there (which I believe they got there around 10). I also got to pick the brain of one of the program architects so I now have a fairly good idea of what he was thinking when he wrote the statement of work. Nothing I've seen so far sounds overly hard, there's just a lot to do. Probably could use another software engineer in PA for the job (they only have 2 at the facility up there currently). The hard part of this job is going to be coordinating the work being done in VA and PA simultaneously.

We left PA around 4:30 or so. I had to courier some documents back to our facility in VA, so we had to stop by work and drop those off. Managed to get home just after 8. The kids were already dressed for bed and getting their books read to them. So I got to help tuck them in. I'm looking forward to spending some more time with the kids tomorrow. Didn't get to see a lot of Ginger yet since both kids have been calling for her constantly, but I've already learned she has a migraine. And she's apparently cleaned my office at home while I was gone. So everything is...different. I'm still adjusting to it. And it turns out I have tile flooring in my office, who knew.

No comments: